Personal Health & Hygiene Tips:
- Hydrate – drink plenty of fluids, preferably water, to flush out the urethra and bladder
- Don’t delay urination (“when you’ve got to go, you’ve got to go”) – avoid holding on
- Eat healthy and maintain a strong immune system to resist infection – don’t smoke and avoid sugar and sweeteners like fructose.
- Avoid food and drinks that may irritate your bladder including fizzy, alcoholic and caffeinated drinks, tomatoes, dairy products, and spicy foods.
- Wipe from front to back after bowel movements.
- Wear cotton underwear – synthetics hold moisture and create a breeding ground for bad bacteria.
- Urinate before and soon after sex.
- Avoid scented ‘personal hygiene’ products including sprays, tampons and douches; don’t sit in bubble baths or use soap on delicate genital tissue. Take showers rather than baths - plain water is sufficient for cleansing.
- If you get an infection the discomfort of passing urine may be helped by drinking an alkalinizer such as a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda in a glass of water.
Cranberry and Urinary Health
Cranberry (Vaccinium macrocarpon) has been used as both food and tonic for centuries. It is native to North America and was used by Native Americans to support bladder and urinary tract health. Early settlers from England learned to use the berry both raw and cooked as a general tonic for many health conditions.
Cranberry fruit is high in antioxidants, partly from substances called proanthocyanidins (PACs), which give cranberries their vibrant color. Research suggests that it is PACs which are responsible for Cranberry’s urinary health support. Not all species of Cranberry fruit have this effect. North American Cranberry (Vaccinium macrocarpon) is the best source of PACs. Multiple studies including double blind trials have indicated that the PACs in Cranberry help the body create an environment in which bacteria are unable to adher to the lining walls of the urinary tract. Cranberry extracts are generally regarded as more effective than Cranberry juice because the PACs are at higher levels, and many Cranberry drinks contain added sugar which is counter-productive to urinary health.
Why Choose SANDERSON CranberryMAX 100,000+?
SANDERSON CranberryMAX 100,000+ is a practitioner strength 600:1 herbal extract equivalent to more than 100,000mg of fresh Cranberry fruit. The extract is standardized for levels of Proanthocyanidins to ensure consistent quality and efficacy. The very high potency extract also enables the vegetarian capsules to be small and easy to swallow.
|EACH CAPSULE CONTAINS:|
|Standardized North American Cranberry (Vaccinum macrocarpon) 600:1 extract equivalent to fresh Cranberry fruit >100,000mg||166.7mg|
This formulation is free from artificial colours, flavours and preservatives and does not include ingredients derived from wheat, milk, soy, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, fish or shellfish.