Metamucil is the leading fibre supplement brand. Metamucil contains 100% natural psyllium husk, which is a great source of both soluble and insoluble fibre.
- Take Metamucil daily. The natural way to stay regular and support a healthy gut.
- Helps body's natural toxin removal process via cleansing effect
- Helps maintain healthy cholesterol levels*
- Is a daily cleanser for your insides
- Helps relieve constipation and maintain regularity during pregnancy
* Diets low in saturated fat and cholesterol that include 7 grams of soluble fibre from psyllium husk, as in Metamucil, may lower cholesterol levels. Reductions in cholesterol levels may contribute to reducing the risk of heart disease. Consult a doctor if you are planning to take Metamucil as part of a cholesterol lowering program. Always read the label, use only as directed. If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional.
Each capsule contains 525mg of psyllium husk powder. Metamucil contains no chemical stimulants.
To supplement daily fibre intake Adults 12 yrs+: 2-6 capsules 6-11yrs: Consider use of Metamucil powder
To restore and maintain regularity Adults 12 yrs+: 6 capsules 6-11yrs: Consider use of Metamucil powder
To help maintain healthy cholesterol levels Adults 12 yrs+: 6 capsules three times daily 6-11yrs: Consider use of Metamucil powder Dose can be taken 1-3 times daily.
New Users: Start with 1 dose per day; gradually increase to 3 doses per day as necessary.
Keep out of reach of children. Do not use in cases of medication induced constipation. In case of overdose, seek professional help or contact a Poison Information Centre immediately. Before using this product, consult a doctor if you have a sudden change in bowel habits persisting for 2 weeks or have abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, rectal bleeding or are considering it as part of a cholesterol-lowering program and if pregnant or nursing. If you experience chest pain, vomiting or difficulty in swallowing or breathing after taking this product, seek immediate medical attention. Taking this product without adequate fluid may cause it to swell and block your throat or oesophagus and may cause choking. Do not take if you have difficulty in swallowing. If constipation persists beyond 7 days, consult a doctor. Bulk fibre may affect how well other medicines work. If you are taking a prescription medicine by mouth, take this product at least 2 hours before or 2 hours after the prescribed medicine to minimize any effect on drug absorption. As your body adjusts to increased fibre intake, you may experience changes in bowel habit or minor bloating. ALLERGY ALERT: May cause an allergic reaction in people sensitive to inhaled or ingested psyllium. TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF PRINTED INNER SEAL IS MISSING OR BROKEN.