Patient comfort and professional dressing fixation are not contradictions. Patients neither want to have their movement restricted nor forego early rehabilitation. Fixomull® transparent protects wounds against water, moisture and contamination. It allows patients to wash and shower, without the need for additional protection against water. With its wide range of uses combined with easy and rapid application, Fixomull® transparent offers a noticeable relief in hospitals, private practice and for patients themselves.
DESCRIPTION & PROPERTIES
Fixomull® transparent is a trans- parent and waterproof polyurethane film coated with a very skin-friendly polyacrylate adhesive. The waterproof film offers optimal protection for the wound. It is waterproof and a bacterial barrier. Its semi-permeable structure allows the skin to breathe thus reducing the risk of macerations. The extra-thin film conforms like a second skin to the contours of the body, including joints and extremities. The transparency of the film keeps the dressing inconspicuous and allows visual inspection of the wound environment at all times. Fixomull® transparent is easy to apply due to its innovative application system.
- Permeable to water vapour
- Let’s the skin breathe
- Skin-friendly, also suitable for sensitive skin
- Very good initial and permanent adhesion
- Stretchable and durable
- Barrier against bacteria
- Reduces the risk of wound infections
- Easy to apply
Fixomull® transparent is suitable
- for waterproof wide-area fixation of wound dressings, also on joints and extremities
- for waterproof fixation of instruments, catheters, measuring devices and probes
- for hygienic fixation of ointment dressings