Why use Healtheries Vitamin C 500mg?
Are you one of those people who seems to always come down with colds and anything else that’s going around? Wish you could build up your resistance before the winter bugs arrive?
Each Healtheries chewable Vitamin C 500mg tablet provides 500mg of pure Vitamin C – the “Immunity Vitamin” to strengthen your immunity ahead of time. They’re made with a special, less-acidic form of Vitamin C that’s gentle on sensitive stomachs. And with a natural orange flavour, they’re a great-tasting way to shore up your defences before you know you’ll be at risk.
- Boosting immunity support during the winter cold and flu season
- Providing extra support ahead of the times you know you’ll be particularly susceptible to infections (e.g. during autumn for winter immunity)
- Supporting your immune system when you’re under stress or fatigued
- Supporting wound healing and skin health
- Topping up your Vitamin C levels if you’re not getting all you need from your diet
Gluten, wheat, animal products, dairy products, egg, soy, artificial colours, artificial flavours or artificial sweeteners.
- If you’re taking prescription medication, consult your healthcare practitioner before you use this product.
- This product contains glucose and sucrose. If you’re diabetic, Healtheries berry-flavoured chewable Vitamin C 500mg may be more suitable for you.
- This product is not recommended for children under 6 – keep it out of their reach.
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
Directions for Use
For everyday health: Chew 1-2 tablets daily.
To speed recovery: Chew 2 tablets 3 times daily.
Children 6 - 12 years: Chew 1 tablet daily.
Or as your healthcare professional directs.
Vitamin C 500mg:
|From Ascorbic acid||262mg)|
|From Sodium ascorbate||268mg|
Natural colour, Natural flavour, Natural sweeteners, Tabletting aids
- Vitamin C is available in different forms:
- Ascorbic acid is pure Vitamin C on its own. However, because it’s acidic, people with sensitive stomachs may react to it.
- Sodium ascorbate is a buffered form of Vitamin C that binds ascorbic acid to sodium molecules. This makes it more suitable for people with sensitive stomachs.
- Vitamin C is “the immunity vitamin”. It helps your body to build up resistance to all kinds of common infections; and can help to reduce your recovery time.
- Your white blood cells (part of your immune system) need Vitamin C to function normally and help you fight off infections.
- Your adrenal glands use up Vitamin C when they respond to stressful situations (e.g. sudden temperature changes, change of seasons, life stresses, etc).
- Your body uses Vitamin C to make collagen – a protein that helps to form healthy skin, ligaments, tendons, bones and teeth. That’s why your body needs more Vitamin C when you’re healing from surgery and injury.
- Vitamin C helps your body to absorb Iron – a mineral you need for healthy red blood cells, which help to reduce fatigue and support immunity.
- Finally, Vitamin C is also a powerful antioxidant that helps to protect your cells against free radical damage.